In addition to reducing milk production, No-Lactin contains Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) that may be beneficial for reducing breast engorgement – an uncomfortable condition experienced by many lactating women. Vitamin B6 has also been shown to be helpful in non-lactating women who may experience breast pain and tenderness.
What is Pyroxidine and how does it work?
Pyridoxine, also known as Vitamin B6, is essential for the breakdown and use of proteins, carbohydrates and fats from food and for the release of stored carbohydrates for energy. It is used by the body in the production of red blood cells and antibodies.
Pyridoxine plays a role in the maintenance of a healthy digestive system. It aids in the normal function of the nervous system and assists in the production of several hormones. A normal diet contains pyridoxine in foods such as liver, chicken, cereals, vegetables and fruit.
A deficiency in this vitamin may cause physical and mental weakness. Depression, anemia and skin disorders are also common in cases of insufficient intake.
High doses of Vitamin B6 may inhibit the body’s production of plasma prolactin, which aids in the production of breast milk. At a dose of 200mg three times a day, Vitamin B6 assists in decreasing milk production to stop lactation.
If a decrease in lactation is necessary for reasons beyond your control, then No-Lactin offers a solution that is safe and natural with minimal side effects.
Important notice: No-Lactin may help to reduce the production of breastmilk, however, mothers are encouraged to breastfeed for as long as possible.
Advantages of Breastfeeding for babies:
Breastfeeding has many advantages for both the baby and mother, such as:
- Enhancing optimum growth and development for your baby
- Reducing the incidence of colic, diarrhea and constipation
- Providing protection and immunity from many infections to which the baby may be exposed
- Stimulating and helping with brain developing, which contains specific proteins and fats
- Lowering the risk of allergic conditions, including eczema and asthma
Lowering the incidence of nappy rash and thrush
- Promoting the bond between mother and baby by the warmth of skin-to-skin contact
- Breastmilk is constantly available at the right temperature.
Advantages for the mother:
- Oxytocin is released when mothers breastfeed, which causes the uterus to contract and decrease bleeding, returning the uterus to its pre-pregnant state faster
- The risk of pre-menopausal breast cancer is also reduced
- It is always more economical to breastfeed.
No-Lactin is covered by most medical aids.